Important Dates and Notices To Section Coordinators
Please note that the Section Coordinators must accept or reject all papers submitted by that deadline no later than January 24, 2024. If you do not meet this deadline, we will accept submissions on your behalf.
- August 15, 2023 - The website will be open for Conference Registration and the submission of individual sessions, individual abstracts, and panels/roundtables.
- November 30, 2023 - Early Bird registration ends.
- January 15, 2024 - Final Date for submission of abstracts and panels to the Section/Affiliate Coordinators.
- January 24, 2024 - Section/Affiliate Coordinators' final date for Accept/Reject submissions to their section.
- January 29, 2024 - Section/Affiliate Coordinators submit their first draft of their sessions to WSSA using the submittal portal provided, with their requested day and time of the session.
- February 5, 2024 - WSSA returns the first draft of the program to the Section/Affiliate Coordinators with the day and time of the panels.
- February 19, 2024 - Section/Affiliate Coordinators submit any changes, modifications, or edits to the conference program. It is important that Section/Affiliate Coordinators verify the day and time of panels with the members of their sections.
- February 26, 2024 - Final program is distributed to the Section/Affiliate Coordinators.
- March 4, 2024 - WSSA the program will be posted on the website. The only edits that will occur after this day will be the deletions of abstracts/presenters from the program, spelling errors, etc. The changes to the program as described in part 7 above will occur as quickly as WSSA can make the changes sent by the section/Affiliate coordinator.
- March 25, 2024 - WSSA addendum to the website will be posted.
COMPLAINTS SECTION COORDINATORS CAN SOLVE
The biggest two complaints that we receive is that:
- section coordinator has neither accepted nor rejected my paper and/or
- the section coordinator has not told me the time or day of my presentation. Please respond to the members of your section so that we do not have to.
Another complaint that we get is that individuals need to make their travel plans and reservations for the hotel but have not heard from the section coordinators. This is why we are publishing the program as early as is reasonably to be expected. The deadlines we have above are as absolute as we can make them. We fully understand you're volunteers and we really appreciate all of your efforts. Without you we could not make this conference run; however, we need you to respond as quickly as possible to members of your sections and to the program coordinator.
Here's to a successful conference.